Today is our 4th wedding anniversary.
As I reflect on the last four years of marriage, I can’t help but smile. I am reminded of all the events that have occurred in such a short period of time that my imagination cannot even fathom what might come next.
Blessed to have a man who can make me laugh everyday, who doesn’t complain, almost always replaces the toilet paper rolls, welcomes a kiss to each new day, and won’t let me forget I am important to him.
Remember Pam and Jim pretended to take a picture on The Office at their wedding. Those snap shots in my life have become the most significant. When I close my eyes, I can see those moments.
- click: Walking down the aisle to him.
- click: Meeting him in Korea at the airport.
- click: Saying ‘see ya later’ for his 1st deployment.
- click: Hugging him in his hospital bed at Walter Reed.
- click: Finding out we were having a boy.
- click: Watching him hold our son in the hospital.
- click: Locking eyes at the gym after his 2nd deployment.
Even though we do have physical pictures of some of these moments; in my mind they are so raw and real. If I close my eyes I can almost relive them. Those memories are the most precious things to me. This life with Aaron has been like nothing I imagined for myself, but it is so much more because of him. He has take me out of my comfort and help me see the world differently. Witnessing his world change as our son entered the world has deepened our love. I look forward to our growing family and more life with him.