0 In Birth Story/ Life/ Motherhood

amelia’s birth story

monday evening at bedtime i was having some very painful muscle and leg pain. it felt like i could barely walk. of course i was home with the kids alone. I knew I should have seen the chiropractor that day, but it never happened. Then it started to feel like some minor contractions. These contractions were bearable. I mean I have had worse PMS cramps…
I decided to give aaron a little heads up about how I was feeling, in case things became more intense quickly. He was still working for a couple hours. I felt better if he came home then and he did. The kids were the cutest they have been in a long time at bedtime. They were sitting in the rocking chair together reading books. “I love you wide, I love you deep, I love you high, I love you low!” Everett was reading to Eleanor. They have the cutest little bond together. After I let them read, I somehow was convinced by two little people that they were going to sleep in Everett’s bed together. I figured, why not? We ended up all curled up in everett’s twin bed looking at the two Little Cloud Turtle and Lady Bug nightlights. It was cute.

When aaron arrived, he looked very confused as to why I wasn’t ready to leave. I told him, I really didn’t think it was time yet, but he felt better if we went in, especially since it was night time and his mom was willing to come by.

We went in and I was 5cm, but not really having any bad contractions. I just wanted to go home and go to bed. For some reason, when they rechecked me, I was a 6 and they thought they should admit me since eleanor arrived so quickly. We tried to get some rest, but it was a little hard. I kept waiting for something to happen, but i was mostly exhausted.

Later that day, another exam, and things were progressing more. I was really worried about the timeline of things. We had to be at the hospital 24 hours after the baby was born, and we had already been away for 12 hours. It was torture. I decided that if my water didn’t break soon, I would have them do it. I figured the pressure would help bring baby down. Luckily it did and she arrived at a 7:57pm. She was very loud when she came out. Giving birth at the birthing center was beautiful. They let us hold her for a good two hours before they really did any measurements/assessments. We felt so blessed to have another healthy baby. I remember the midwife Chris said “grab your baby” and I did, then everyone said “what is it?” I had totally forgot we didn’t know the sex. I was shocked it was a girl because we had been told by an 8 year old girl who has predicted 10 babies sex that it would be a boy. I kept double checking! She nursed beautifully right away and was staring right at Aaron and his beard. *I will never forget aaron wearing his dearborn sausage shirt and wiping my hair during birth.*

The kids came up with the grandparents the next morning to meet their sister. Everett came in the room and took of his shoes to come on the bed. He was all ready to get cozy. He was sick and Eleanor looked exhausted. Time spent with grandparents is always really wonderful for them, but they usually need a day of recovery to get back onto a routine of things. Amelia calmed down when she heard their voices which was probably one of the coolest things. Holding all three babies in that big bed I remember feeling so incredibly happy. These kids get to grow up together three years apart. It has to be the greatest gift.


You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply